As a creative small business owner, there are a lot of ways to connect with other local entrepreneurs in your town and get to know some other creative people. Rising Tide is a nationally known organization that promotes community over competition, because “a rising tide lifts all boats.” Meaning we are better off learning together and helping each other grow than trying to fight for competition and dominance! My kind of philosophy.
My local chapter of the Rising Tide Society is called Tuesdays Together Tri-Valley. We meet up once a month to discuss a topic that helps us grow our businesses, and during a meeting a couple months ago we decided that since we have so much talent in the group we should host a styled shoot for ourselves to promote each others’ businesses.
Last Saturday the rain held off as we got together at Elliston Vineyards in Sunol and showcased everyone’s work. My favorite part of days like this is seeing others do things I couldn’t imagine being able to pull off. I’m ok at florals when I really try, and I can make signs and table settings, sure. But that’s nothing compared to seeing someone whose whole business is devoted to one craft being able to make the most stunning bouquet or well-thought centerpiece! And the lettering that was done is definitely something to be admired!
Here’s the full list of vendors that participated, including four fellow photographers:
- Collaboration: Tuesdays Together Tri-Valley
- Venue: Elliston Vineyards
- Styling & Coordination: Heart and Arrow Weddings, Simple Joie Photography
- Photographers: Amber Rivas Photography, Emily Mazzei Photography, Imaginem Productions, Simple Joie Photography, Brittni Kiick Photography
- Videography: Imaginem Productions
- Fashion: Brides on Hartz
- Models: Alexandra Swanson, Antowan D, Isa Earle
- HMUA: Amy Lingenfelter
- Signage: Heart and Arrow Weddings
- Calligraphy: Letterly Signs and Lettering
- Floral: LC Floral
- Desserts: Sweet Condesa LLC
- Mobile bar: Wandering Well Craft Cocktails